Following the recent lifting of restrictions, we are restarting our darkroom hire service from Monday 12th April and our darkroom tuition service will recommence on Monday 17th May.
We remain ‘open for business’ for our film processing and hand enlarging services so will continue to welcome both mail order customers and personal callers to our photolab.
We are naturally complying with all Government guidelines and requirements in order to minimise contact and avoid cross-infection.
Unlike communal darkrooms, ours are self-contained and for the exclusive use of our clients thus reducing the possibility of close contact with others.
We have undertaken a full risk assessment to take into account all relevant COVID health and safety requirements and in particular these essential procedures:
- Only one client on the premises at each session
- All hard surfaces, worktops, equipment touch points and door handles disinfected before each session
- Handwashing will be required on arrival and at frequent intervals during the session
- Social distance requirements will be observed
- Perspex screens will be fitted between the occupied darkroom, secondary workspace and office area
- Face masks and rubber gloves provided
- Hand sanitiser and moisturiser provided
- Free car-parking space available – no need to use public transport
We will be displaying the Government’s “Staying Covid-19 Secure” declaration indicating that we have carried out the appropriate risk assessment and believe ourselves to be compliant.
Please do not come to the darkroom if you have had Covid-19 symptoms, or live with anyone who has, in the previous 14 days.